ACM India Summer School for Women
ACM India Summer School for Women on Information Security and Forensics for duration of 3 weeks (from 29th May 2017 to 16th June 2017) in association with ACM-W India Council organized by TSSM’s Padmabhooshan Vasantdada Patil Institute of Technology, Bavdhan, Pune and ACM Pune Professional Chapter under the guidance of President and founder of JSPM and TSSM, our patron and honorable Prof. T. J. Sawant.
In ACM India Summer School for Women on Information Security and Forensics, 35 women students have participated from various engineering colleges. Their accommodation is arranged in Narhe Campus throughout the summer school.
Some of the topics covered in this school are Introduction to Information Security & Forensics, Cryptography & Number Theory, Software and Application Security, Network & Internet Security, Mathematical Models of Computer Security etc.All Speakers for the summer school were the well known speakers like Mr. Atul Kahate, Independant Consultant, Pune, Dr. Rakesh Verma, University of Houston ,Dr. Rituparna Chaki, University of Calcutta.
On 8th June , Students had an industrial visit to Persistent, Hinjewadi where they had number of sessions conducted by different speakers like Mr. Pandurang Kamat, Dr. Anand Deshpande who is the founder and CEO of Persistent.
On 16th June 2017 valedictory function held to felicitate and congratulate students for completing the course. Participation Certificates were presented by the Chief Guest Dr. Madhavan Mukund, the Dean of Studies and a Professor of Computer Science at Chennai Mathematical Institute and President of ACM India’s Educational Council and Guest of honor Dr. P. P. Vitkar, Executive Director of JSPM Pune.
As a result of this program, the course has provided a very useful platform to the participants to share their problems and difficulties during the studies of Information Security, Cyber Laws, Software and Application-Network & Internet Security issues, Digital Forensics fundamentals and other concepts with the eminent scientist academicians in the field of research. Total 35 girl students of across Indian colleges had participated in the workshop and reaped its benefits.
Aim of two days “CCNA-Cisco Certified Network Associate” workshop was to gain the knowledge of Computer Network with its practical sessions.
The invited guest for CCNA workshop was Mr. Dinesh Raut (Associate Network Engineer, Tata Communications Ltd., Pune), Mr. Sanjay Kedari (Associate Network Engineer, Tata Communications Ltd., Pune) and Mr. Rushikesh Shrestha (Senior Network Engineer, Zensar Technologies Ltd., Pune).
They conduct the following day schedule:
- Lab Equipment
- Basics of networking
- The OSI-Model
- The network layer: IP Protocol
- The Transport Layer: TCP and UDP
- Introduction to Cisco IOS
- Hubs, Bridges and Switches
- IP Routing
- Distance Vector Routing Protocols
- OSPF – Link-state routing protocol
- EIGRP – Cisco’s Hybrid Routing Protocol
- Access List ((ACL)
- Network and Port address Translation (NAT & PAT)
- Wide area networks
- Around 68 students participated in this workshop
Following practicals are achieved through the workshop.
- Router and protocol configuration.
Aim of guest lecture on “GATE Awareness & Career after BE” was how to qualify for the GATE examination & its career opportunities.
A guest lecture on “GATE Awareness & Career after BE” was delivered by Mr. Rushi Joshi. Here they said about the rules and regulations of GATE examination & how the GATE is important for the Post Graduation Studies. Also they give some idea for qualifying the GATE exam. They discuss the career opportunities in various well known MNC’s if the student qualifies GATE examination.
Around 120 students attended this lectrure
Following things are achieved through the guest lecture.
- How to appear for the GATE exam.
- Different techniques to crack the GATE exam.
- Do’s & Don’ts while appearing to the GATE exam.
Aim of guest lecture on “Stress Management & Communication skills” was how to deal with stress in daily routine life & how to improve the communication skills while facing for interviews.
A guest lecture on “Stress Management & Communication skills” was delivered by Dr. Vaibhav Lunkad. Here they said about the types of stress & how to avoid the particular stress with some exercises. Also they give some idea for communication skills which helps to deal interviewer.
Following things are achieved through the guest lecture.
- How to manage the stress
- Different exercise for daily life to deal with stress
- Do’s & Dont’s while facing interviewer.
- To inaugurate “PVPIT SYMPOSIUM: Celebration of Women in Computing (PCWiC2015)”.
- To serve as a platform to explore the opportunities as well as the diverse challenges faced by women in computing and allied areas.
- To provide a great opportunity to network with students, professionals, and researchers.
- Encourage female candidates to promote the field of computing
MINUTES OF MEET:
- Saraswati Poojan was done before starting the ceremony by honorable guests Dr. Aditya Abhyankar , Dean, Faculty of Technology, Professor, Department of Technology, Dr. M.M.Puri , Director, JSPM Group of Institutes, Mr. Chandrashekhar Sahasrabudhe, COO ACM-India, Persistent Systems Pvt.Ltd., Dr. Y. V. Chavan (Principal PVPIT), Prof. S.R.Thite (Campus Co-ordinator), Prof. B.V.Pawar (Vice-Principal), Dr.A.M.Dixit(Vice chair ACM Pune Professional Chapter) and Prof. N.D.Kale, (Head, Department of Computer Engineering).
- After felicitation of the guests CD of “PVPIT SYMPOSIUM: Celebration of Women in Computing (PCWiC2015)” was inaugurated by all the dignitaries on the dais.
- After CD inauguration gathering was addressed by Dr. A. M. Dixit, Vice Chair, ACM Pune Professional Chapter. Dr. Dixit briefed us about ACM-W and why it is important for women to be in computing.
- Principal Dr. Y. V. Chavan encouraged female candidates to be a part of research activities.
- Guest of honor, Dr. M.M.Puri, , Director, JSPM Group of Institutes, shared her vision with our students and her address was very inspiring.
- Honorable chief guest Dr. Aditya Abhyankar, Dean, Faculty of Technology, Professor, Department of Technology, interacted with the students through his speech. He shared very inspiring incidents of his career and spoke regarding research activity.
- The inaugural session was followed by three technical sessions by eminent speakers from ACM , Shweta Chawala , an independent digital forensic investigator, Sc Cyber Solutions, Dr. Suparna Bhattacharya, Distinguished Technologist , Hewlett-Packard India Software Operations Pvt. Ltd. , Rashmi Mohan , Independent Consultant/Technologist, Member, ACM India Council; Program Chair, Grace Hopper Celebration India.
- Almost 120 students and faculties were present in VC room for the technical sessions. We received 70 papers from various institutes. Candidates presented their Papers at VC Room. We received 20 entries for poster presentation. Candidates were explaining their posters in CC lab.
- The Program was concluded by awarding winners with trophy. Deepali Tambekar, Sangali , received Best Poster Award. Sonia Patil, MIT .Pune, received Best paper award and Pradnya Kulkarni, MIT Pune, received 2nd Prize.
- This symposium encouraged our female candidates to participate in diverse research areas.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Seminar was successfully organized by Department of Computer Engg, PVPIT on 12th of SEP’2015. The eminent guest speaker was Mr. Mangesh Ratnaparkhi, Informatica Trainer at Techknomatic Services Pvt. Ltd. Pune, who has 12 years of experience and year-on-year success in spearheading Information/Business Intelligence Solutions, Data Warehousing, Big-data, Logical Data Modeling and Data Analysis by leveraging strategic ability and skills. The Seminar presentation has inspired our students to get career set in this field.
The 4th Induction Programme of FIRST YEAR M.E computer was held on 22nd August 2015. The Principal Dr. K. N. Barbole delivered the inaugural address where he welcomed the students and advised them with his words of wisdom. Our head of department Prof. N. D. Kale, encouraged students to make a time table and follow it. It was an inspiring session where he highlighted the responsibilities of engineering students.PG coordinator Prof. S. V. Bodake, in her interactive session, informed the students about the various qualities they need to inculcate in themselves in order to complete their master. She discussed revised syllabus structure with the students.
One of the senior student from M.E second year shared her experience. The programme ended with the vote of thanks proposed by Prof. Ujawala Wanaskar. The entire programme was anchored by Prof. Ujawala Wanaskar.
Department of Computer Engineering had organized Orientation Program with Head of Department Prof.N.D.Kale & Prof. Y. B. Gurav on 25/06/2015 in VC Room .The main goal of Orientation Program was to inform students about BE revised Syllabus and Project Topic Selection. The session was conducted by Prof.Y. B. Gurav.
Following Points were Discussed in Session:-
1) BE Revised Syllabus.
2) Discussion about Elective Subjects.
3) Structure of IN-SEM and END-SEM
4) Information about selection of Project Topic, Domain of Project and Sponsored Project.
5) Continuous Assessment of Project.
ACM STUDENT CHAPTER INAUGURATION
On 31st January 2015, Department of Computer Engineering Proudly Inagurated its ACM Student Chapter. The inaguration Ceremony was honoured by Mr. Arvind Benegal. Mr. Arvind Benegal enlightened and guided with his noble thoughts to the students and faculties.
LATEX- An Efficient Documentation Tool- Computer Department has conducted “LATEX- An Efficient Documentation Tool” for post-graduate students. The workshop got huge response and was very helpful for these students. The speaker was a academician Prof. Chetan Aher.
WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK SEMINAR
WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK SEMINAR was sponsered by Savitribai Phule University and Successfully conducted by Computer Department., held at PVPIT on 17th january 2014. The seminars’s Chieft guest chair was honoured by Mr. Mandar apte who is a renouned and eminent personality from software indusrty. Our speaker was a P. Hd. research scholar from DIAT, PUNE.