Papers Published by College Faculty in 2010-2011:
1) Mr. G. S. Palshikar communicated one research paper in Brazilian Journal of Pharmacy.Title: Extraction and evaluation of
H. Cannabinus mucilage as a gelling agent.
2) Ms. V. M. Mute communicated two research papers in Advances in Pharmacology and Toxicology and International Journal
of Biological Sciences.Title: 1. Evaluation of Antiarthritic activity of Tamarindus Indica Linn.
2. Evaluation of diuretic activity of Raphanus Sativus.
3) Ms. Kulkarni A. S. had communicated paper in International conference of Herbal shampoo containing Azadirecta leaves
and it has been accepted for presentation.4) Mr. Pranav P. Parekh et al have published paper ISOLATION AND
OPTIMIZATION OF NEWER ANTIBIOTICS FROM SOIL ISOLATES OF MICROMONOSPORA SPECIES
in Inventi Journals, Pharm Tech. The same paper was selected by Inventi Rapid, Pharm. Tech for offline publication. (RI factor 1.42).
5) A review article “Stem Cell: A review” was accepted by Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research with authors
Mr. Pranav P. Parekh, Mr. Vivek B. Rajendra, Mr. gautam Palshikar, Mr. Ajinkya Konale. The journal is indexed in
Google Scholar, Elsevier, EBSCO, CAS, CASSI (American Chemical Society), DOAJ (Directory of Open
Acess Journal), Index Copernicus, ICAAP (International Consortium for the Advancement of Academic Publication),
Open-J-Gate, Socolar, Chemical Abstracts, Scopus, Medline, Pubmed, Pubmed Central (In progress)
6) A review article by Mr. Rajendra B. Vivek “Iontophoresis: A review” was accepted by Inventi Journals (rapid) NDDS.
Papers Published by College Faculty in 2009-2010:
1) “Extraction and evaluation of Hibiscus cannabinus seed mucilage as a suspending agent” in Journal of Pharmacy Research was
published by Mr. Gautam Palshikar, Prof. Vishal Pande, Dr. B. B.Jain, Y.S. Katare. 2) The international paper on topic ”
Isolation and optimization of L- asparginase from coliform bacteria” in “Asian Journal of Biotechnology” by
Conferences & seminars attended by college teaching staff in 2009- 2010:
1) Mr. Santosh D. Bhosale (Lecturer ) received first prize for scientific paper entitled ” Identification of new interacting protein partners
of Analgin & Ibuprofen by Proteomics approach. in Third Internationl Conference on ” Drug delivery & development Challanges
in partnership”, 2nd, 3rd, & 4 th October 2009, Mumbai.
2) Ms. Sunita Sutar (Lecturer) attended a one day seminar ” Clinical Trials – Curent Senario”, at Pad. Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil
College of Pharmacy, Vilad Ghat, Ahmednagar.
3) Dr. B. B. Jain, Principal- JSCOPR, attended 3 days UGC sponsored National Conference on New Frontiers in Herbal &
Synthetic Drug Studies (HSDS- 2010) from 14/01/2010 to 16/01/2010 organised by Allana College of Pharmacy, Pune
& ZVM Unani Medical College & Abede Inamdar Seniopr College of Science & commerce, Pune.
4) One day seminar on Pharmacovigilance: A solution to drug safety on 13th February 2010, organised by Marathwada college
of Pharmacy, Kalewadi, Pune, was attendedc by Mr. Gautam Palshikar, Staff, JSCOPR. 5) On 27th Feb. 2010, A seminar
on ” How to write a research paper” held at S.T.E.S. Sinhghad College of Pharmacy, Vadgaon was attended by Miss Sunita Sutar,
Papers Presented in Conferences by College Teaching Staff in 2009- 2010:
Ten research papers from our college have been presented by our college students at the 61st INDIAN PHARMACEUTICAL CONGRESS (IPC) 2009.
The papers presented were:
1) ANTIBIOTIC ACTIVITY OF STEM EXTRACTS OF CITRULLUS COLOCYNTHIS by Seth D.D., Kulkarni A.S. et al
2) FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF SHAMPOO PREPARED FROM DRIED LEAVES OF AZADIRACHTA INDICA by
Seth D.S. Kulkarni A.S. et al
3) PHYSICOCHEMICAL AND QUANTITATIVE PHYTOCHEMICAL STUDY OF CARALLUMA ADCENDENS by Akkalkotkar A.T.,
Kulkarni A.S. et al
4) PLANTS USED IN CHINESE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE FOR IMPROVEMENT OF MEMORY AND COGNITIVE FUNCTION
by Bedre S.P. , Kulkarni A.S. et al
5) STUDY THE IMPACT OF BRANDIN G IN THE COMPETITIVE PHARMA MARKET. by More P. B., Chavan B.B. et al.
6) MARKET SURVEY OF DRUG-ELUTING STENTS IN MAJOR CITIES OF GUJRAT AND AT PUNE IN MAHARASHTRA
by Atara S.N., Jain B.B. et al.
7) EVALUATION OF ANTIBACTERIAL ACTIVITY OF CARALLUMA ADSCENDENS (ROXB) STEM. by Shah A.H., Kulkarni A.S. et al.
8) PLANTS USED IN CHINESE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE FOR IMPROVEMENT OF MEMORY AND COGNITIVE FUNCTION
by Bedre S.P., Kulkarni A.S. et al.
9) ISOLATION AND OPTIMIZATION OF NEWER ANTIBIOTICS FROM SOIL ISOLATES
OF MICROMONOSPORA SPECIES by Gade P.B., Parekh P.P. et al10) ISOLATION, CHARACTERIZATION AND
PHARACOLOGICAL INVESTIGATION OF SPHAERANTHUS INDICUS by Pande V.V., Parekh P.P. ,Kulkarni A.S. et al.
Conferences & Seminars Attended by College Teaching Staff in 2008- 2009:
- Mr. Anil Kadam, Lecturer, attended Universiy of Pune sponsored National workshop “Recent Advances & Future Scenario in Preclinical
& Clinical Pharmacology” at SGRS College of Pharmacy- SASWAD, from 18th- 20th September 2008.
- Mr. R. R. Padalkar & Mrs. A. S. Kulkarni attended the 60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress- 2008, held from 12th to 14th December 2008
at Delhi. They presented 04 research papers at the conference.
- i) Formulation design & statistical optimization of fast dissolving tablets of Tramadol & in vitro prequivalence studies. (Padalkar RR ,Madgulkar AR,
Bhalekar MR, Padalar AR, Badadare SA, Phule SP)
ii) Formulation, Evaluation and optimization of mouth dissolving films of Ondansetron. ( Padalkar RR, Kulkarni AS, PadalkarAR, Thombare V., Sunkale S.,
Sheikh A., Jadhav N.)
iii) Survey of the status of Hospital Pharmacist in Pune & Satara district & steps needed for its improvement. (Dr. Jain B.B., PadalkarAR, Akkalkotkar A.,
Dixit D., Borkar P., Padalkar RR)
iv) Studies on Microbial content of ophthalmic Ayurvedic formulations from Indian Market. (Shastri KV, Pande VV, Jadhav JN, KulkarniAS.)
Papers Published by College Staff:
1. Paper “Chiropractic Review article” published on International online Canadian Web-site – www.pharmainfo.net Dated: 11th Dec. 2007,
Dr. B. B. Jain, V.V. Pande et al.
2. Paper “Evaluation of Diuretic activity of Citrullus vulgaris rind in rats” published in International Journal of Pharmacology & Biological Sciences,
Vol.-01, Issue – 03, (Dec.2007), Dr. B. B. Jain, et al.
3. Paper “Significance of Gene Therapy in Psoriasis” published on International online Canadian Website Pharmainfo.NET’ (June 2007),
Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
4. Paper “What is Complementary Medicine?” published on International online Canadian Website Pharmainfo.NET’ (June 2007), Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
5. Paper “A Review on Chickengunya” published on International online Canadian Website Pharmainfo.NET’ (July 2007), Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
6. Paper “Design and Evaluation of Salbutamol Sulphate Buccal Patch” published in The Bioscan, Vol. 6, (Oct-2007), Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
7. Paper “A Sensitive Spectrophotometer Determination of Centbucridine Hydrochloride in Bulk Drug & Pharmaceutical Formulations” published
in The Bioscan, Vol.- 2, (July 2007), Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
8. Paper “Studies of Oleoresis as Penetration Enhancers for Transdermal Patch of Ketoprofen” published in Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics, Vol.- 6,
(Oct-2007), Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
9. Paper “Spectrophotometric Estimation of Ambroxol and Cetrizine Hydrochloride from Tablet Dosage Form” published in Pakistan Journal of
Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol.20 (July 2007), Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
10. Paper “Development & Validation of HPLC Method for Determination of Gatifloxacin & Its Impurity” published in Asian Journal of Chemistry,
Vol.20 (8), (2007), Mr. V.V. Pande, et al.
11. Paper “Chromatographic Determination of Racecadotril by HPLC Method in Presence of Its Degradation Products from Bulk Drug and In
Its Dosage Form” published in The Bioscan, Vol.2, (Dec.2007), Mrs. A.S. Gadekar, and Mr. V.V. Pande et al.12. Paper
“Derivative & Spectrophotometric methods for determination of overstating in bulk & pharmaceutical formulations” published in Journal of
Pharmaceutical Research, Vol.6, No.4, (Oct. 2007), Mr. V.V. Pande,et al.13. Paper, “Estimation of hydrochlorothiazide & Vallarta in bulk
& tablet dosage form” published in Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol.6, No.4, (Oct. 2007), Mrs. B. A. Agarwal et al.