MBA department was founded in June 2006 with the aim of providing quality education in Business Administration to the students with modern state of art facilities and competent faculty members. Department is functional under Jayawantrao Sawant College of Engineering, Hadapsar, it provides Master in Business Administration degree and is affiliated to University of Pune.
Our JSCOE MBA Department offers our students Two-year Full Time Post Graduate Program comprising 4 semesters. The two years teach future managers about the basic and specialist aspects of management. The MBA course is a holistic experience as the treatment is different from any other post-graduate course.
Students of this college are placed amongst the best industries. The T&P cell of the college not only guide our students for personality development but also well-trains them and places them, furthermore also provides career guidance and counseling to students.
MBA Program Objectives:
The MBA programmes prepare a student for a domestic and global career in diverse sector of the industry. The MBA programme facilitates learning in theory and practice of different functional area of management and equipped the student with an integrated approach to various function of management. However, the demand for managerial skill is not limited to the industry. Managerial talent is much sought by the Government sector, NGO’s, non corporate sector as well.
Specifically the objectives of the MBA Programme are:
- To equip the student with requisite knowledge, skill & right attitude necessary to provide effective leadership in a global environment.
- To develop competent management professional with strong ethical value, capable of assuming a pivotal role in various sector of the Indian Economy & Society, aligned with the national priorities.
- To develop proactive thinking so as to perform effectively in the dynamic socio-economic and business ecosystem.
(Subject to change as per University of Pune notification)
The curriculum for MBA is developed keeping in mind the national priorities and international practices. It also attempt to align the programme structure and course contents with subject aspiration and recruiter expectation.
Programme structure in Choice Based Credit system (CBCS Pattern)
- Marketing Management (MKT)
- Financial Management (FIN)
- Information Technology Management (IT)
- Operations Management (OPE)
- Human Resources Management (HR)
- International Business Management (IB)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Rural & Agribusiness Management (RABM)
- Family Business Management (FBM)
- Technology Management (TM)
- Banking and Insurance Management (BIM)
- Healthcare Management (HM)
- Entrepreneurship Development (ED)
- Services Management (SM)
- Retail Management (RM)
- Digital Media & Communication Marketing(MC)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)
- Defence Management (DM
MBA 1st Year
|Semester I||Semester II|
|(101)Accounting for Business Decision||(201) Marketing Management|
|(102)Economic Analysis for Business Decision||(202) Financial Management|
|(103)Legal Aspects of Business||(203) Human Resource Management|
|(104)BRM Business Research Methods||(204) Decision Science|
|(105)OB Organizational Behavior||(205) Operation & Supply Chain Management|
|(106)BOM Basic of Marketing||(206) Management Information System|
|Elective 1||Elective 1|
|Elective 2||Elective 2|
|Elective 3||Elective 3|
|Elective 4||Elective 4|
MBA 2nd Year
|Semester III||Semester II|
|(301) Strategic Management||(401) Managing for sustainability|
|(302) Enterprise Performance Management||(402) Dissertation|
|(303) Startup and New Venture Management||(403) Subject wise Elective|
|(304)Summer Internship Project||(404) Subject wise Elective|
|(305) Subject wise Elective||(405) Spl. Elective|
|(306) Subject wise Elective||(406) Spl. Elective|
|(307)Spl. Elective||(407) Spl. Elective|
|(308)Spl. Elective||(408) Spl.Elective|
The students seeking admission to MBA are required to appear for the MH-CET (Common Entrance Test), conducted by the Director of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra or the Institute level exam conducted by the Association of Management of MBA/ MMS Institutes (AMMI). Students who have appeared for MAT, XAT, ATMA,CAT and C-MAT can also apply.
Any graduate with 50% marks (45% for reserved category students, graduated from University within Maharashtra) or those who are appearing for their final year degree examination in any discipline of an approved University.
Special features of MBA Department
1.German language for Students up to three levels.
- Knowing German creates business opportunities.
Germany’s economic strength provides global business opportunities. Multinational business opportunities exist throughout the European Union and in the Eastern European countries, where German is the most spoken language. Companies like BMW, Daimler, Siemens, Lufthansa, SAP, Bosch, Infineon, BASF, and many others need international partners. The Japanese, who have the one of the most powerful economy in the world, understand the business advantages that a knowledge of German will bring them: maximum Japanese students study German.
If you’re looking for employment in the United States, knowing German can give you great advantages. German companies account for 700,000 jobs in the United States, and US companies have created approximately the same number of jobs in Germany.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell has been set up to promote entrepreneurship spirit amongst the students. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) is being promoted in Jayawantrao Sawant College of Engineering-MBA Department to develop institutional system to create entrepreneurial culture and to foster techno entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment. JSCOE has designed this cell to help the young talent nurture the Entrepreneurial skills thereby leveraging their growth in a professional environment.
EDC provides mentoring opportunity by its network of acquaintance allies. Students seek benefit by the experience of these initiatives. The association includes professionals, entrepreneurs, investors, and Industry experts.
- ED Cell acts as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise edifice to budding entrepreneurs.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To promote employment opportunities in the pioneering areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level.
- To guide and assist future entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentor ship scheme for student entrepreneurs.“Every Year JSCOE Conduct NIESBUD Certification Exam and Various Competitions through ED Cell.”
2.State –of-the Art facilities
- The new facility includes state-of-the-art AC Classrooms enabled with ICT, Wi-Fi-enabled, Library, classrooms for students, lush workplace for faculty and staff, a knowledge center, a computer center, canteen, etc.
- The library firmly believes in service to users. It will make all efforts to facilitate academic activities of the institute. The library is housed in a top floored independent space with a seating capacity of 150 users. It is open for long hours on working days and opens on Sundays during exam periods. It has a rich collection of Print and electronic resources. The print collection includes Books, periodicals, Project reports, working papers, subject and general dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- The library subscribes to many general and business newspapers. The business papers will be preserved for the past one year and general papers will be preserved for the past 3-5 months. The library has library dedicated library staff to serve users. The staffs try their best to meet users’ requirements. The team-worked service by library staff is much appreciated by users.
4. Computer Center
- Well equipped computer center with the latest version of hardware and software is established specially for the students to provide specific training in Computer Programming for Business Applications. Computer Center is networked locally with LAN/windows NT server. Internet facility is also provided to the students at Computer Center.