Practical Training and Project Work
At the end of the sixth semester of study, a student will be examined in the course” Project work”.
1. The Major Project work will be started in Semester V. It may be done individually or in groups in case of bigger projects. However if project is done in groups, each student must be given a responsibility for a distinct module and care should be taken to see the progress of individual modules is independent of others.
2. Students should take guidance from an internal guide and prepare a Project Report on “Project Work” back to back print (one copy) which is to be submitted to the Director of the Institute. Wherever possible, a separate file containing source-code listings should also be submitted. Every student should also submit soft copy of their project synopsis. Their respective Institutes should forward the copy of this synopsis to the external panel members, in advance of the project viva dates if asked for.
3. The Project Synopsis should contain an Introduction to Project, which should clearly explain the project scope in detail. Also, Data Dictionary, ERDs, File designs and a list of output reports should be included if required as per the project title and scope.
4. The project Work should be of such a nature that it could prove useful or be relevant from the commercial/management angle.
5. Student must start an industrial project from semester-V and same project must be carried for semester-VI.
6. Selected project must have relevant scope for 500 marks.
7. Selected project must belongs to respective track of the student only (Interdisciplinary project may selected with prior permission of project guide).
8. In the fifth semester, student must visit at least once in a week to the respective company.
9. In the sixth semester, student must visit at least once in a week to the institute and the progress of the project must be communicated to college project guide.
10. The project report will be duly accessed by the internal guide of the subject and marks will be communicated by the Director to the University along with the marks of the internal credit for theory and practical to be communicated for all other courses.
11. The project report should be prepared in a format prescribed by the University, which also specifies the contents and methods of presentation.
12. The major project work carry 250 marks for internal assessment and 250 marks for external viva. The external viva shall be conducted by a minimum of one external examiner. The mini project work would be departmental.
13. Project work can be carried out in the Institute or outside with prior permission of the Institute.
14. Project viva-voce by the University panel will be conducted in the month of April-May.