MBA is a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) two year full time post-graduate degree programme Approved by AICTE, Govt. of Maharashtra and Affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Objectives of the Programme
1. To equip the students with requisite knowledge, skills &right attitude necessary to provide effective leadership in a global environment.
2. To develop competent management professionals with strong ethical values, capable of assuming a pivotal role in various sectors of the Indian Economy &Society, aligned with the national priorities.
3. To develop proactive thinking so as to perform effectively in the dynamic socio-economic and business ecosystem.
4. To harness entrepreneurial approach and skill sets.
1. Marketing Management (MKT)
2. Financial Management (FIN)
3. Information Technology Management (IT)
4. Operations Management (OPE)
5. Human Resources Management (HR)
6. International Business Management (IB)
7. Supply Chain Management (SCM)
8. Rural &Agribusiness Management (RABM)
9. Family Business Management (FBM)
10. Technology Management (TM)
11. Banking and Insurance Management (BIM)
12. Healthcare Management (HM)
13. Entrepreneurship Development (ED)
14. Services Management (SM)
15. Retail Management (RM)
16. Digital Media & Communication Marketing(MC)
17. Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)
18. Defence Management (DM)
A student may enroll for additional specialization after passing out the regular MBA programme. Such students will get exemption from all the generic core and generic elective courses in First Year (Sem I and II) and generic core courses in Second Year (Sem III and IV). Such students shall have to appear for the subject core and subject elective courses i.e. 2 Full Credit Courses & 4 Half Credit Courses in Sem III and IV each. i.e. a total of 12 subject electives (specialization) courses of which 4 are full credits and 8 are half credits.
Summer Internship Project
At the end of Second Semester each student shall undertake a Summer Internship Project (SIP) for 8 weeks. It is mandatory for the student to seek advance written approval from the faculty guide and the Director of the Institute about the topic and organization before commencing the SIP. The SIP may or may not have a Functional Focus, i.e. the student may take up a SIP in his/her intended area of specialization or in any other functional area of management. Ideally the SIP should exhibit a cross-functional orientation.
The student shall submit a written structured report based on work done during this period on the basis of suggested guidelines and research methodology.
SIP may be a research project – based on primary/ secondary data or may be an operational assignment involving working by the student on a given task/assignment/project/ etc. in an organization / industry. It is expected that the SIP shall sensitize the students to the demands of the workplace. The learning outcomes and utility to the organization must be specifically highlighted.
The report should be well documented and supported by:
1. Introduction/ Executive Summary.
2. Objectives of the Study.
3. Company/ Organization profile (including Organization Chart).
4. Research Methodology (Statement of Problem, Hypothesis (if any), Research Design.
5. Data analysis, Data Interpretation & Hypothesis Testing.
6. Relevant activity charts, tables, graphs, diagrams, etc.
7. Suggestions & Recommendations.
9. References in appropriate referencing styles. (APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago Style etc.)
10. Appendix (Questionnaire, Data Sheets etc.)
It should reflect the nature and quantum of work undertaken by the student. The report must reflect 8 weeks of work and justify the same.
The student shall submit TWO hard copies & one soft copy (CD) of the project report before 30th September in Semester III. One hard copy is to be returned to the student by the Institute after the External Viva-Voce.
The Institute shall conduct an internal viva-voce for evaluation of the SIP for 50 marks. The Panel shall comprise of the Internal Faculty Guide & One additional faculty nominated by the Director.
There shall be an external viva-voce for the SIP for 50 marks. The examiner’s panel for the same shall include one external faculty member nominated by the University and one internal faculty member nominated by the Director. The external viva-voce shall be conducted for 15 minutes at least per student.
The Internal & the External viva-voce shall evaluate the project based on:
1. Actual work undertaken by the student
2. Student’s understanding of the organization and business environment
3. Outcome of the project
4. Utility of the project to the organization
5. Basic analytical capabilities
Copies of SIP report and records of evaluation shall be maintained by the Institute for a period of 3 academic years.
In Semester IV the student shall work under the supervision of the Faculty and carry out a dissertation
Submit a structured report in TWO hard copies & one soft copy (CD). In the interest of environmental considerations, students are encouraged to print their dissertation reports on both faces of the paper.
The student is required to conduct advanced research on a topic related to one (or more) of contemporary issues in management. The topic is chosen in consultation with the student’s supervisor.