JSPM’S Charak College of Pharmacy & Research, Wagholi, Pune is established in 2006 by great visionary Hon’ble Prof. T. J. Sawant, Founder Secretary, Jayawant Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, in eastern part of Pune with the objective to provide professional competent pharmacists. The college is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University and approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and recognized by Government of Maharashtra. Within a short span the institute has merge as a canter of excellence in the field of pharmacy education. The college offers Undergraduate program (B. Pharm) with intake capacity of 60 and post graduate program (M. Pharm) in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance with intake capacity of 18. The college has well defined Vision, Mission, Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s), and Program Outcomes (PO’s) as follows,
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Impart scientific knowledge and technical skills in the core pharmacy subjects and applied competency areas.
- Encourage students to continue to pursue professional development, including advanced education relevant to their career growth and to create enthusiasm for life-long learning.
- Inculcate ethical attitude, effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work as an individual or as a team member.
- Develop a sense of social responsibility and commitment to contribute in the social healthcare system.
- Graduates will demonstrate
- Ability to integrate fundamental concepts from medicinal chemistry pharmaceutics, pharmacology, toxicology, therapeutics and pharmacokinetics.
An understanding of quality control/assurance of pharmaceuticals and drug regulatory affairs.
With this knowledge, the graduates will be able to demonstrate high level of understanding of the key stages in drug discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization.
- Graduates will demonstrate an aptitude to examine problems, related to drugs/formulations, logically and rationally; acquire, evaluate and synthesize information and knowledge relevant to the problem; and make logical and ethical decision.
- Graduates will develop planning and organizational skills, through curricular and co-curricular activities, with demonstrated ability to efficiently complete assignments within stipulated timeframe.
- Graduates will acquire knowledge of leadership traits and skills, harness interpersonal skills through co-curricular and extracurricular activities that will enable them to lead or effectively contribute to the organizational development.
- Graduates will be transformed from a student to a professional who understand his/ or her role and responsibilities as an expert in the field of health care.
- Graduates will promote health improvement through disease prevention and management programs and creating awareness about effective and safe use of medicines.
- Graduates will acquire knowledge of impact of pharmaceuticals on environment; demonstrate understanding of appropriate methodological tools to analyse and develop medicine products having same medicinal values but with reduced environmental impact.
- Graduates will demonstrate sensitivity to personal values and ethics in professional endeavour and social contexts.
- Graduates will effectively listen, speak and write in a manner that facilitates positive interaction with health professionals, patients and the public.
- Graduates will demonstrate the skills to use modern pharmaceutical tools, software and equipment to analyse and solve problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning by updating himself/ or herself with the current trends/regulations in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.
- Integrity, Freedom of Thought, Respect and Dedication
- Attention to the issues of national relevance and global concern with rational thinking